A grant is available to support business in the renewable energy, green technology, engineering and low carbon sectors with investment projects that will increase productivity, skills and employment.
Applicants must show that they need financial help for the project to go ahead. The minimum grant available is £10,000 and will be administered by Hull City Council.
The grants can be used for projects to:
- Launch a new business
- Modernise, expand or re-organise an existing business
- Upgrade a business by introducing innovative new technology or processes
- Take a new product from development to production
Businesses of all sizes can apply for the grant, but large companies can only apply if the investment project is located within an Assisted Area. For small and medium-sized companies, all areas of Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire are eligible.
However, there are some restrictions:
- The European Commission restricts aid to certain sectors such as the steel industry and certain types of shipbuilding.
- Areas of the local economy which are already fully served, as support could lead to overcapacity and displacement of jobs.
- Projects which offer purely a local consumer-type service.
- It will be necessary to demonstrate that a grant will be required for the project to proceed.
Grant funding cannot be applied for retrospectively.
Additional Funding Streams
The Green Port Growth Business Support Strand can offer smaller grants for other types of projects. For further information please contact:
Dawn Hall, Green Port Growth Business Support
East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
Tel: (01482) 391622
Finance for bespoke R&D projects are available through the R&D Support & Fund. For further information please contact:
Offshore Wind Sector Specialist & Green Port Growth RDI Strand Lead
University of Hull
Tel : 01482 465764 / 07713 081458
Email : email@example.com
For further details about the Green Port Business Investment Grant programme contact:
Richard Lowther, Hull City Council
Tel: (01482) 613098